The Emirates Society of Ophthalmology (ESO) was formed by pioneering UAE Ophthalmologists as a society within the Emirates Medical Association (EMA).
Over the years, the Emirates Society of Ophthalmology grew in membership and activities under the umbrella of the EMA, promoting and advancing the field of Ophthalmology.
ESO is now responsible for supervising and conducting scientific trainings, events, and conferences as well as collaborating with health organizations. ESO launched its work through its competent supervisory, executive and specialist boards and committees.
As the foremost society for Ophthalmology not just in UAE but the entire GCC area, we aim to assure the provision of optimal eye care by promoting excellence in ophthalmology and by providing services to support our members in practice.
- To continuously advance the standard of Ophthalmology practice in UAE.
- Promoting Continuous Medical Education, encouraging Continuous Professional Development
- Facilitating the professional exchange of information among its members.
- To improve eye and visual health in the community by conducting educational, charitable and other projects.
- To encourage research and development in Ophthalmology; providing accurate, up-to-date information on vision health
- To enhance social interaction and to foster goodwill among practitioners of the specialty, including members in training
- To promote and to uphold the interests of the profession of Ophthalmology in all its aspects.